GardenTech 2oz Root Boost Powder
- For faster rootings from cuttings
- Contains Hormodin®
- As simple as cut, dip and plant!
- Enough rooting hormone for hundreds of cuttings
Transform cuttings into strong, healthy plants.
Starting new plants with cuttings from your favorite garden ornamentals can be as simple as snip, dip and plant. With RootBoost™ Rooting Hormone, you can give your plant cuttings a boost. RootBoost™ product stimulates root development on cuttings and encourages uniform root growth that translates into vigorous, well-rooted new plants.
- Use only on ornamental cuttings. Established plants and their roots are not affected.
- Use a sharp, sterilized knife or pruner to take 4- to 6-inch cuttings from soft stems or new, immature woody stems. Work during the active growing season for best results on most plant types.
- Keep cuttings protected and moist, and remove all but the top set of leaves.
- Pour a small amount of the rooting hormone into a shallow dish. Do not mix with water.
- Moisten the end of a cutting slightly, and then dip it into the dish, thoroughly covering the tip and at least one exposed leaf node. Tap to remove any excess.
- Insert cutting at a slight angle into a tray of rooting medium, such as a light potting mix, perlite, sand or a commercial rooting mix designed especially for cuttings.
- Discard any rooting hormone remaining in the shallow dish when finished. Do not return it to the original container or you risk contaminating the rest of the product.
- Place the rooting tray inside a plastic bag or cover it with plastic to form a mini-greenhouse, and then place in indirect light.
- Mist and water, as needed, to keep cuttings hydrated and rooting medium moist while roots grow.
- Transplant rooted cuttings once roots establish well and new growth appears.
- Read the product label and follow application instructions thoroughly.