Burning Bush - Dwarf
Fast growing shrub for privacy. Tolerates heat, humidity and drought!
Few other hedge plants rival the blazing red color of burning bush in the fall. This fast-growing hedge plant is easy to grow, requires little care and is drought tolerant once established.
Highlights of burning bush (Euonymus alatus)
- Grows in a wide range of soil from acid to alkaline
- Ultra fast growing deciduous shrub
- Thrives in sun to part shade
- Open habit - growing 5 feet tall
- Lush green foliage during the spring-summer
- Blazing red color in fall
- Cold and heat tolerant - thrives in zones 4-8
- Ideal for back of the border or concealing unsightly utility and air-conditioning united.
Clusters of leaves dangle from a stem. Small flowers appear in spring that turn into berries, and are enjoyed by birds.
How to grow
Burning bush has no special requirements. Adaptable to acid or alkaline soils. It grows well in full sun and part shade. Fall color may be more pronounced in a sunny environment. No pruning is necessary, but if you wish to prune to size to control height and width, you should do this in the spring.
Before planting, consider how you are going to be using burning bush. Are you going to be growing it as a hedge? Use it in a border? Plants will ultimately grow about 5 feet high by 5 feet wide. so you'll want to space anywhere between 4 - 5 feet apart.
Special features: Cold hardy, Color change, Disease resistant, Drought tolerant, Easy care, Fast growing, Fall color, Foliage interest, Heat tolerant, Pest resistant, Season extender